Africa Biosystems Limited (ABL) is a solution provider of state-of-the-art life sciences equipment and consumables for molecular workflows across Eastern African Markets. Our customers fall into four main categories: Government, NGOs, academic and private sector. ABL, is responsible for marketing, sales, installation, training and after sales support for instruments sold to customers. ABL is committed to providing excellent sales and support services, with a personal touch. ABL is driven by the principles of ethical practices, integrity, and dedication to customer service. ABL is also a part of the United Nations Global Compact, a global organization that promotes transparency and ethics.
The position will be responsible for providing leadership to the accounting function within the designated Country office – Kenya, overseeing the implementation of sound financial control policies, systems and procedures to ensure accurate and complete capturing of transactions for timely financial reporting. The jobholder generates financial reports for review and ensures compliance.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
1. Manage the daily operations of the country finance and accounting department including accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, payroll and utilities, capital assets reconciliations and credit control.
2. Liaise with local bank representatives and other key stakeholders relevant to the job function and company’s needs
3. Posts into and review general ledger accounts and finance systems to ensure they are adequate for purposes of providing reliable management information
4. Prepare management accounts and other financial reports for management in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Ensures completeness of the account and accounts for all assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses and other relevant entries in accurate and complete manner
6. Support the development of forecasts for all key financial matters including: cash, expenses and profits;
7. Project cashflows in line with operational budgets, analyze cash and stock movements and monitor working capital levels to ensure cash commitments can be met as and when they fall due.
8. Implement appropriate internal control systems and financial procedures. Continually review operating procedures and controls and propose more effective procedures as necessary and in
line with company’s approved processes and procedures
9. Advice and work with other departments to ensure best practices and compliance throughout the organization
10. Manage computation and payment of all applicable taxes and statutory returns and deductions in a timely and accurate manner. Oversee supplier payments in a timely manner
11. Responsible for proper management of the company’s inventory by overseeing tasks such as stock counts and stock reconciliations to provide accurate stock reports.
12. Work in liaison with auditors to ensure a well-executed audit process, facilitating implementation of corrective actions against issues raised following the closure of internal/external audits.
13. Oversee the overall smooth running of the internal administration and ascertain its cost- effectiveness.
14. Support direct reports to achieve optimal performance, including work allocation, performance management, constructive feedback and facilitation of ongoing professional and technical
Key Results Areas:
- Effective financial controls; adherence to internal controls that safeguard the company assets;
- Strict adherence to the company’s finance and accounting policies, procedures and processes;
- Accurate and up to date information in the financial management system.
- Timely and successful completion of audits with no issues and adherence with all legal and industry compliance requirements.
- Reporting; timely management accounts and financial reports to facilitate informed decision making and analysis.
- Optimal stock and payables management.
- Accurate cashflow projections.
- Optimal administration operation performance and cost.
- People & team Management; manage a highly engaged team that meet the desired performance standards. Functional-Cross functional collaboration with other teams.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Relevant professional qualification (CPA / ACCA or an equivalent);
- Member of a relevant professional body;
- 5+ years’ experience in finance;
- Demonstrate up to date financial knowledge including in-depth knowledge of IFRS, IAS and Kenyan Tax laws;
- IT savvy with exceptional Microsoft Excel skills with ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Strong analytical ability and numerical skills;
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex financial matters to non-technical experts;
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail;
- Process oriented;
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
To be considered send your application, CV and supporting documents to email@example.com by 31st May 2023.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.