Africa Biosystems Limited (ABL) is a solution provider of state-of-the-art life sciences equipment and consumables for molecular workflows across Eastern African Markets. Our customers fall into four main categories: Government, NGOs, academic and private sector. ABL, is responsible for marketing, sales, installation, training and after sales support for instruments sold to customers. ABL is committed to providing excellent sales and support services, with a personal touch. ABL is driven by the principles of ethical practices, integrity, and dedication to customer service. ABL is also a part of the United Nations Global Compact, a global organization that promotes transparency and ethics.
The position will be responsible for overseeing the collection process of the company. The role will handle customer complaints and negotiate payment arrangements with customers. It shall also provide statistics, data analysis, and reports on the progress of the collections and support the Sales team as well as finance team in the key deliverables.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
1. Reviewing the company debtor list on regular basis.
2. Actively contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
3. Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
4. Negotiating suitable payment plans.
5. Maintaining customer payment records up to date
6. Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the internal credit approval process.
7. Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
8. Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
9. Responding to customer queries.
10. Actively visits customers and follows up on the outstanding payments.
Key Results Areas:
• Ensure the company debtors list is kept below target and the receivables within agreed timelines.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Credit or related field.
• 3–5 years’ experience as a collection officer or in similar capacity
• Well conversant with Microsoft Office
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with confidence.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail.
• Process oriented.
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
To be considered send your application, CV and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2023.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply.